65 x 98 mm. Item #027997
Jacques Gruber studied in Paris at the Ecole des Arts Decoratifs and the Ecole des Beaux-Arts. He also frequented the studio of the painter Gustave Moreau. In 1893 he joined the Daum company as chief decorator and taught at the Nancy Ecole des Beaux-Arts until 1916. Before owning his own glass worship in 1904, he realized his projects at Charles Gauville's workshop. Although, he was mainly interested in glass, he did not neglect the other decorative arts. He also worked producing bookbinding and bookplates.